Wednesday 8 August 2012

Nail Mania

One of my recent crazes is painting my nails in all sorts of fun and adventurous ways. Sometimes I think 'okay this one worked' and other times it seems like a total disaster, but you know what they say practice makes perfect!

My favourite pattern to do is the strawberry/ watermelons. I think these are so fresh and fun and just perfect for the summer. I say strawberry/ watermelon because I intended on the being strawberries but I didn't have a red paint so used pink and they were largely received as watermelons, so I just went with it (noone needs to know), but you can decide which it is :).

Collage of recent ventures

Buzzy bees
What's the buzz?

This is the design I am currently sporting, not very patriotic for the ol' Olympics I know, but didn't really think that one through, woopsie opportunity missed. I chose this in keeping with the summery mood as it just keeps me happy and fun, and having some nice bright colours on your nails to lift the mood is never a bad thing.

(Sorry that my hands are marvelously unmanicured, my nails are so brittle I find that they are totally wasted on me)

The colours and makes I've been using are:

Rimmel London, I <3 Lasting finish in   080 Black Cab (black of the bees), 270 Hot Shot (the lighter pink on the flowers and the pink apples) , 280 Sunshine (the yellow of the bees)

No7 Stay Perfect in Pink Grapefruit  (the base of the strawberries, the polka dots and the dark of the flowers)

Nail Paint by Barry M in 290 Spring Green (green of the strawberries and leaves of the flowers), 306 Blueberry (the blue base I use and this is also probably one of my favourite shades that I always gravitate too) and for my white I made a mistake when I purchased and I bought 316 Nail Effects which I why all my white looks a bit crackly, oh well I have learned from my mistakes, double check people! ha.

Bourjois Paris 36 Rose Satin I used as the very pale pink base on the polka dot pattern, I love this colour however it is very sheer when applied so to get the colour I created it had to be applied quite thickly, which also unfortunately meant it didn't last very long.

And finally I use Barry M base and top coat for that extra shine and to make it last that little bit longer.

Hope you like my experiments,

Peace xx

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3939127/?claim=j8hrcbe8ew5">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment