Friday 31 August 2012

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation Review

Hi there :)

I decided at the beginning of the summer that I wanted to invest in a new foundation that I really enjoyed as before I would just buy one that was on offer and I never really liked any in particular. So, this time around I did some proper research and read various blogs and reviews about high street foundations. About the same time I was looking into this Zoella posted a video about her favourite high street foundations and chose Rimmel Wake Me Up as one of her top two, so based on this I thought I would give it a try. (You can see Zoella's foundation review here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQUblGbpfiQ).



First of all, let me tell you what my skin is like. I have fair skin with a normal complexion except for a slightly oily T'zone (the source of all problems), I have quite rosey cheeks and a slightly freckly forehead so I wanted a foundation that would help even out all the different variations on my face. When I first purchased this foundation I bought shade 103 True Ivory (currently retailing in Boots for £8.99), this is the second lightest shade and as it was the beginning of the summer I expected to tan slightly over the next few months and therefore this shade would match nicely, oh how overly optimistic was I, the first problem I had with this was that it looked like I had been tangoed. Now, I know that's not the foundations fault it's mine for foolishly thinking my whiter than white skin would get some colour through the English summer, but none the less it was annoying since it could not be returned. Anyway, I continued to use this foundation using only the smallest pump and thoroughly blending it and I was pleasantly surprised. It blends so well into my skin and definitely evens out my skin tone. The packaging says the foundation has an 'anti-fatigue effect and radiant glow' and I agree, it fully wakes me up and makes me look alive in the morning, whereas usually my own reflections frightens me. After a while of using True Ivory I went back into Boots and purchased the lightest shade, in Ivory. Rimmel products are 2 for 3 at the moment in Boots, which is an amazing offer, so I give you permission to stop reading and dash off!  I decided that the tangoed look was getting too much and I liked the foundation enough to buy it in another shade. I LOVE IT. Ivory matches me so well and blends so nicely, it stays on all day and does not separate at all, not even around the darn t'zone. It gives a fully even finish and is so creamy. I'd say it gives quite a matte finish but it does have a very slight shimmer, which I really enjoy as it is very subtle. As for the scent it does have a sweet fragrance which I was quite nervous about as strongly scented products can make my skin break out, but I've been using the product for a good couple of months now and have had no breakouts, so I think the scent is just subtle enough to keep them at bay!

I am going to continue gushing about the product because it just has too many good features. The next perk was how long it stays. It stays for ages and ages and ages.the coverage is not too thick so it doesn't cover up fully any freckles, but it does cover blemishes and covers all the redness on my face. For a high street product for less than £10 I think this is a real benefit. I was having days when I was working really long shifts, so applying the foundation at 6 in the morning and not taking it off or reapplying till 10 at night (sorry pores :s) but it still gave an even finish. OK yes, it did not look as perfect as it did at six in the morning but it was not patchy, or broken or anything, it just looked like I had a light layer of foundation on.

So, overall I think I couldn't rave about this product anymore, I feel like for what it does and for the price I'm not going to find any better and it even comes with glass packaging (for real), for this reason I happily give it a 5/5 all things considered. If I was to criticise it all, I would ask for it to maybe have a slightly less thick consistency to make blending it just that little easier, but I have no problem with it in general, it doesn't dry out too fast or leave my face look oily and greasy.

A massive thumbs up so thank you Rimmel and thank you Zoella!!

And Thank you for taking the time to read my post :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment